This post is mostly going to be about my lack of focus right now. So, if you want to learn how NOT to focus, please read on
I have so many ideas!!! This is not unusual for me, as I am person with a very active imagination. I dream, dream, and dream while I do my practical chores of the day.
My husband and I often share ideas of what we want. Well, actually it’s usually me blabbing and him listening. I share my aspirations and what I want to do. It’s great. He’s a very good listener, and doesn’t pressure me to do anything. While I’m fast and furious, he’s more relaxed. Takes things slower. But I can’t help if my brain operates 24/7!
My challenge right is now focus and implementation.Here is some insight into my very confused, scattered, and excited mind.
I WANT TO:
Start a legal business entity ( Now we are not quitting our day jobs). But I think it’s wise if we want to start exploring options for side ventures.
- Need to file paperwork in Texas. Cost $300
- This is a short term goal. I can easily get this paperwork finished this month.
Start a couple more websites:
- Create a basic professional website for the “real” me. This will establish an online presence for my career. (“Real” means the non-anonymous SFL me).
- Create a blog geared towards business strategy. I read so much about business strategy, company’s future, etc., the site would be a great forum to share my voice. Plus, it would give the “real” me an online presence.
- Create a niche finance/life choices blog (more details to come).
- Help my husband launch his blog geared towards sports ( I keep saying I want to help him, but haven’t done it)
- SHORT TERM GOAL (By end of 2013)
Buy a house and go all HGTV on it
- Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating on how HGTV I’m going to be around my house. But I would really like to add home remodeling to my skill set. My husband and I have definitely given thought to rental home business by slowly acquiring property and fixing it up. Like Mrs. and Mr. POP.
- SHORT and LONG TERM GOAL
Start a new Master’s degree
- So I have mentioned before I want to start a new Master’s degree. I would only do about 1 class every 4 months. I’m hoping it will improve my soft skill set, and help me advance in my career. But, I do worry. What if I don’t have enough time? I have to figure out my priorities. This is my 3rd master’s degree, and I’m really in no rush to finish it. LONG TERM GOAL (Next 4 years?)
- Toastmaster’s competent leadership and communicator certifications. So I want to get these two certifications under my belt, but they are not super high in my priority list. I’m basically doing it for fun, and to improve my communication skills and confidence. LONG TERM GOAL (Next 1 year?)
- I want to learn more about investing.
- 1st order of business – read “The Intelligent Investor.” I bought last year, but haven’t really make it past Ch 1.
So, there it is. I’m putting myself out there. I know it’s sometimes hard for me to share my dreams because it makes them more real. Somehow sharing them with people other than my husband makes me feel accountable.
How do you focus?