House Shopping Is Disappointing- The Fruit Tree House
I thought I was going to keep an objective view on this whole house shopping ordeal, but honestly, it’s a pretty emotional process. We are about to invest most of our savings into this place. Most of our savings people!
So, here we go. We went house shopping on Wednesday. Saw about 5-7 houses. Honestly, I lost track, but the first one we saw was the one. This makes me really sad when I write we didn’t get it. As first time home buyers we were afraid to make a commitment, and were actually surprised when we found a house we loved so much. So, we scheduled a showing again for Thursday afternoon. Oh, how I wish we had sent over a contract to the seller, and locked it in. Someone saw the house Thursday morning and made an offer later that day. The antsy seller accepted it before they got our offer. And so we became the backup offer. The probability of us getting the house as a backup buyer is 5%. Not counting it. And it was all due to timing.
So why was the house so nice?
- Brand new a/c and heater
- Kitchen had its own nook
- There was a bedroom upstairs with a loft, which we could use as our master, and be separated from the entire house.
- Two bedrooms were downstairs with their own bathroom. This would be awesome for guests.
- Quiet, picturesque neighborhood.
- Easy commute
- Right next to a huge park with running trails and ponds.
- Ten minutes away from a community college (tenants in the future?)
- Great price. Priced at $10K below other homes we saw in the area and so much nicer
Here are some pictures:
Lesson learned. When you feel in your gut, just get the house under an active contract. Just do it. You can back out 7 days afterwards.
Any of you have similar stories???